SunForce Mercury Vapor Bulbs by Big Apple Pet Supply.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
So far the only Mercury Vapor bulb i know that has a 70 watts is the SunForce Mercury Vapor sold by Big Apple Pet Supply. I wanted a lower wattage Mercury Vapor for my close chamber enclosure for my upcoming hatchlings. The 100 watts brings up the heat up to 110+ for the basking area and im afraid that it does get too hot. I want to get the 70 watts to bring down the temp a little. My question is, has anybody use this product before. i know Big Apply Pet supply is very reputable reptile supply store but i just want to hear from you guys. Pros and Cons would be nice. ^_^v Thank you for your time.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Again, the Sunforce 70watt MVB pulls 140watts and gives out more heat then 100watt MVB such as Zoomed Powersun or MegaRay. The source is an independent test done by a member at another forum measuring wattage output of different MVBs using voltage/watt meter.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
@mikeh Yeah thanks bro. ill just get the name brand like usual. I just have to find a way to rig my enclosure so it doesn't heat up the basking area so much. Just out of curiosity, anybody ever tried rigging the MVB with a dimmer switch to tone down the heat?

mikeh

5 Year Member
Um no, UVB lights are not to be used on dimmers. UVB output would be greatly reduced or fully eliminates.