Mega Ray zoo bulbs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well not sure if anyone here is interested..But I received a call today from UVreptiles.. Seems there shipping again......They are now also offering 250 watt megaray zoo bulb.. Which gives off useful UVB at up to 8 ft away..

I ordered 5.. Figure I can also tan in there in the winter;)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
DON'T BUY MEGA RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Yes.. I'm aware of that.. It also effected T-Rex.... And the bulb manufacture took responsibility....since they produced the bulbs for TRex and Mega ray..

Issues aside...They do hold the patent to some of the best UVB bulbs being produced...I could not find another UVB bulb who's numbers even come close..

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Hopefully, they've got it together for real this time. I've heard great things about the bulbs that actually worked.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I could be wrong here, but they stopped selling the product because of the issues some were having with the bulbs. I assume if they are selling them again, they have resolved the issues...he didn't mention anything to that affect did he? or anything about the extent these have been tested?

Let us know how they work out for you, if they resolved the issues, these should be some of the best reptile bulbs out there.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
He explained to me the issues... First issue was bulbs that produced to much UVB that caused eye problems to the reptiles..same issue that plagued TRex since they were manufactured by the same company it was the bulbs manufactures problem..(I read all about it)After that issue they decided to switch manufactures.. That manufacture produced a special bulb for them I believe it was the raptors bulb...there were issues with premature failure.... And with all the refunds and replacements he shut down for a while... Now he is back together with Weston of Canada producing the bulbs again...

Bare in mind this is a small company run out of the back of a rather lg auto repair shop..You have to give the guy credit he started this as a hobbyist looking for a decent UVB bulb....

I will keep everyone updated...

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Many, many people have been ripped off by this guy. My bulb lasted a week, no response to my emails. No replacement. In my opinion, this guy should be in jail.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I know there were issues with his new the mega rapture bulbs failing... But all his other products have good reviews.... Kind of in a bind.. A zoomed bulb will need to sit to low to be effective actually 3" above the carapace.... T Rex still hasn't started selling the new bulbs..since there issue....and yes.. I read all the issues with Mega ray....Still most swear by them..some hate them...some say they weren't treated right after the bulb failure..others say they went above and beyond..

I hope they work according to the reviews.. As I did spend quite a bit of $$$ on them.. Well they should arrive next week will keep everyone who is interested posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.