Mega-Ray UVB Lamp Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I am thinking of getting the Mega-Ray UVB Lamp Kit for the indoor enclosure of my Sulcata tortoise.Actually,I've also considered UVB lamps from Zoo Med and T-Rex but after doing some research,I seem to be leaning over to Mega-Ray.Anyway,for those of you who have had any experiences with the Mega-Ray UVB Lamp Kit,would you highly recommend it?How does it compare to the ones made by Zoo Med and T-Rex?
Thanks.

S

stells

The megaray is the best lamp i have ever had... i have tried a few

I have never had a problem with this lamp and the my tortoises seem to enjoy the light it throws out... when i changed over to this product i found my tortoises to be more active than with the other lamps and not needing to bask for as long in the mornings to get going...

The T-rex was made from the same blueprint as the Megaray... and the UK distributor did say the T-rex were in fact Megarays seconds... i'm not sure how true that is but they certainly look the same... but the Megaray has the edge on performance...

chadk

10 Year Member!
Are you asking about the MVBs or their UVB tubes?

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
chadk said:
Are you asking about the MVBs or their UVB tubes?

I was asking about the MVBs.Also,in what way does the Mega-Ray UVB flood lamps are better than those of T-Rex and ZooMed?
Thanks.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
As far as MVBs, Mega Ray and T-Rex are the same light but no one has been able to confirm for me which if any is actually better. Just from those on the forum T-Rex seems to be more liked and have a longer longevity, but not in any scientific sort of way. The ZooMed MVB is not as good. So, I would pick between Mega Ray and T-Rex and see if one is a better deal for you (T-Rex was at least $10 cheaper for me so replacing my Mega Ray was an easy decision). Look here for some comparisons too: http://www.uvguide.co.uk/mercuryvapourlamps.htm

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.