Mega Ray Discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ems1016

5 Year Member
I just screwed in my new 100 watt MVB and it literally lit for 2 seconds in a ZooMed deep dome fixture and then out it went. All these phone numbers on the box for "emergency service" and "sales and service" were greeted with "mailbox full" recordings. I, for one, am not impressed with this company.

When I ordered it months ago, they never even bothered to email me and tell me it was not in stock, so I waited in the dark without my light! They even charged my credit card, so my bill for the bulb came before the bulb was even in stock. No way to do business. I understand that this is supposed to be a great product; maybe I'm just having a round of bad luck with the company. Either way, I thought you all should know.

Ed

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Megaray has a long history of ripping off it's customers. Their bulbs ar crap. They rarely will honor their warranty. If you paid by paypal, file a claim NOW. Type megaray in the search button for more info.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
I was wondering about their bulbs etc-any other suggestions(Other brands) or experiences.
Hope you get your money back as they should honour their warranty.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I've owned a number of Megaray bulbs and I can tell you that when they do it right, their bulbs are great.

With that being said, however, they've been in trouble for the past 2 years or so because of some bad deals they made. They also have some of the worst customer service ever. It's a shame, really, because before 2010 they were industry leaders and now they've just got such a bad rep.

I've had little success getting them on the phone, but when I did through, it was always with Bob. But I could usually contact them via their email <[email protected]>. Keep bugging them, and put eye popping subject messages, and try to be nice. These are real people after all.

Also, if your deep dome fixture isn't new, be sure to give the contacts a good cleaning with steal wool and isopropyl alcohol. It can help extend the life of your bulb. It's good to do this once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.