meet my new rescue +75 y old THB :)

tortoisept

5 Year Member
Hi people, meet my new rescue.

He is a lovely +75 year old male T.H.B.

kn5v.jpg

2p8d.jpg

yd3f.jpg

After a short period of quarantine he will be meeting my last year rescued female T.H.B (the poor girl is pyramided due to poor husbandry previously, but as a lovely personality and no other health problems)

4ap9.jpg

Laura Currado

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland County, MI
Seventy-five?! I didn't know they got that old! (Though by saying as much, I'm not calling you out! :D) I have two but didn't think I'd be bequeathing them to my son in addition to the Sulcata. Anyway, congrats on yours. Did I miss the story of how he came to you?

tortoisept

5 Year Member
yeah, they live very long.
the oldest known here died at the age of 130 and due to a rat attack.

I rescued 2 tortoises this weekend from the same family.
this THB has lived the previous 5 years on a tiny glass vivarium.
and I also brought a female adult horsfieldi badly badly pyramided that was living in a bucket with pellets :(

they are both now in each large tortoise table under UVA/UVB, with weeds + calcium and cuttlefish bone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I made the mistake early on of diversifying too much. I DO have the space, and each species is in his own yard, but the property is all taken up in tortoise yards and no room to add any more without expensive trenching and electrical work. There are some pretty neat species I would like to have, but no place to put them.

tortoisept

5 Year Member
?
what do you mean Yvonne?? I'm not sure I got your post.. do you mean I am keeping too much??

I keep THB (2), THH corsican (3), THH italy (3) and egyptians (2)..
space not a problem :)
electrical bills are high though.. lol

oh, forgot the horsfields (4!)