Meet Kora - 20+ y/o Rescue Sulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Virgina
And your avian friends?
I’m just missing photos of my OWA. They are all rescues <3 the youngest is 4 and the oldest is 30 (not counting chickens)

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4992.jpeg
    IMG_4992.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4994.jpeg
    IMG_4994.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4993.png
    IMG_4993.png
    671.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1

Orcsloot

Corpus Christi, Texas
Hello,

We are new tort parents and have adopted a 20+ y/old female Sulcata that has an unclear past. Please meet Kora who joined us yesterday.

View attachment 367288We are told that she (one of many) was confiscated by NYC DEC when she was about 5y/o. We are not sure of the circumstances surrounding that event or her life until that time. The gentleman that ended up with her needed to rehome her after 15 years, which is where we come in.

We’ve been a “soft rescue” for birds (mostly parrots) that need to be a re-homed for more than 20 years - we provide their lifetime home - and with our flock of 12 are well versed in care of long-lived exotic creatures, though reptiles are new to us.

Kora arrived to us yesterday, courtesy of our friend that is involved in various rescue communities. Kora is 20” and 38lbs, so we’re guessing she may be underweight according to what we’re reading. I will post questions and ask for suggestions in other threads but wanted to introduce her here. As we are in upstate NY (about 100 miles north of NYC), she will live indoors with us in a pen until the weather warms enough for her to occupy an outdoor enclosure where she can wander and graze to a much larger extent. Meanwhile, she’s safe and warm, has some room to stretch and walk, plenty of food and access to water. She’s been eating a lot of greens.

Looking forward to spending time getting to know Kora and providing for her.
What a cutie! 🥰

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That tort looks female to me...I also have one who was mistreated and is about 10 years and just hit 50 pounds.., yours has a male face but female parts...I'm generally wrong in spite of keeping Sulcata for almost 20 years...this is Mary Knobbins...100_6294.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I just came across this photo...DSCN2448.JPG
meaning your tort is male looking in the anal scute cloaca area and to me his face is masculine