me and my baby marginated waffles

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterandwaffl3s

5 Year Member
Hey guys, my name is hunter i live in south carolina. i recently bought my first tortoise, a 3 month old marginated named waffles. ive had him for a little over a week and use this forum for care tips so i figured id go ahead and join.

He eats great (turnip greens and romaine lettuce mostly) and moves around on his own very well.

I take him outside twice a day to play around in the grass (on days it isnt pouring and storming, we've had some bad weather here. Hes only 2 and 1/4 inches so im housing him inside in a 22 gal long tank with a 75 watt heat bulb and a uvb bulb, cypress mulch substrate a food dish and a dish with a small amount of water for him to enjoy, he has a half log hide and a short climbing bride that he likes to play on and hide under. he seems to sleep/bask alot, it seems like thats normal for hatchling, im not too worried as he gets around well when he wants to. theres about a 92 degree warm side and a 78 degree cool side. when he gets bigger i will house him in a larger enclosure outside but for now it is easier to keep a close eye on him in his current setup. Thanks alot, i look forward to raising my new freind!! :D

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    823.9 KB · Views: 23

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Hunter and welcome to the forum...Waffles is a very nice looking tortoise...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Hunter:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.