Waffles and Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
I am new here, I've been on another tortoise forum, but had difficulty getting back in once we moved.
We bought Spike from Scales and Tails here in Denver, about 5yrs ago. He was in bad shape though, took him to the vet to check him out, and she was surprised Scales and Tails even sold him. His shell was chipped and flaking, he also had parasites, which we treated him for.
He's been doing great(still not the prettiest looking shell though) and a friend of ours needed to get rid of her tortoise, so we took in Waffles too.
Waffles and Spike have been together for about 4yrs. Spike is an awnry little thing, likes to bite her and mates like a mad man. Waffles has laid eggs twice, but each time the eggs were smashed after a few days. I don't know how to take care of the eggs, so I just let nature take it's course. I've also never hibernated them, and wish I could.

My son has a feeding tube, and with all his care(and his brother, also has a feeding tube) it's just become too much for me. I really try to do the best for the tort's but I feel like I am failing them.
They have a bin they are in, inside the house. Then in the summer, I have a kiddy pool in our backyard, that we fill with core and sand, so they can get sun during the day. Too cold here to keep them outside(in Denver, CO).
I do love these 2, but would really love them to go to a new home, someone that can care for them, better then I can.

Thank you, Chanda

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/s...otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/s...otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Chandra:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm sorry your boys are going through this. I hope they get better soon.

I'm sure there is someone here on the forum who would be happy to take your tortoises. They both look great! I wish you were closer to me, I'd take them in a heart beat.

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
Thank you. I do care about them, so I am trying my best to find them a good home.
Scales and Tails said they would take them back, but I don't think they would be taken care of(or they'd be split up)....I just can't do that to them.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Chandra and welcome to the forum... I do hope your able to find them a nice home....

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Best wishes in finding your Russians a good home wish I was closer I am partial to Russians

seetsjakers

5 Year Member
I was able to find them a new home. They will meet their new owner today.
Thank you for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.