mazuri questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
i bought some mazuri to try out, and the first day she seemed very interested in it and now she wont touch it. i tried soaking it in water to make it softer and i tried a fruit juice, but nothing. is there anything i can do to make her want to eat it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have several different kinds of tortoise and when I first introduced Mazuri to them, the Aldabrans were the only ones who ate it. So I just don't offer it to the others anymore. Its really no big deal if a tortoise doesn't like or eat Mazuri. Its not a necessity for them.

samstar

5 Year Member
Mix it with it's regular food and than cut down the regular food and increase the Mazuri bit by bit. It worked for both my tortoises and in 2-3 weeks time, they got hooked on to the Mazuri.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
well i was hoping to use the mazuri on her protein day. and i dont mean to force it on her but i was just hoping she would like it

samstar

5 Year Member
heyprettyrave said:
well i was hoping to use the mazuri on her protein day. and i dont mean to force it on her but i was just hoping she would like it

I'm telling you, she will get hooked on to it

Homerist

10 Year Member!
You can soften it with water and pinch a little, roll it together with some greens. introduced this combo to my baby star, can he ate it the first time. and after a few days of fedding, i upgrade it to pure mazuri without combining it with greens, he loves it too.

Am still feeding greens and mazuri daily. he will eat start munching on the greens first and end his meal with the dessert(mazuri) =)

Status
Not open for further replies.