PICKY EATER ( MAZURI CHOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My darn little rascal refuses to eat his mazuri tortoise chow, from what I read about the other members, their tortoise act like they can't get enough of the stuff. I tried everything from soaking it in water to soften it to soaking it in apple juice to attract him. All he does is look up at me with his curious stare, and then he just walks all over it. .......the little monster. If he's not eating his food, hes doing his crazy acrobatic moves and getting suck somewhere. sigh..... he is such a peculiar thing lol. So yes help is much appreciated.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Mazuri isn't essential to any torts' diet. I don't feed my red foots any pellets at all. Providing you can get a good range of grasses and weeds for your Leopard, he'll do just fine.

Rambo

5 Year Member
Southern California
I feed him spring mix, kale and mustard greens, I just heard the mazuri is also a beneficial factor to their diet.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
Rambo said:
I feed him spring mix, kale and mustard greens, I just heard the mazuri is also a beneficial factor to their diet.

Try mixing it with his greens in a bowl, after soaking the pellets. It's definitely a lot more calorie dense so you only need a pellet or two for a juvenile. Their tastes change as they get older. I couldn't get my sulcata to eat grass till she was 2 years old. Now she will knock me over to get to grass.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Providing you can get a wide range of natural foods it'll be healthier in the long run as they wouldn't have mazuri in the wild! For a Leopard you really need to include more grasses in his diet(about 70% I think) and try and get more weeds rather than shop-bought veg and salad.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
My first sully didnt like it at frist but soon began to like it. Now its her favorite! Idk sometimes these things come with time. Just mix a little in with what your tort eats already :D

Rambo

5 Year Member
Southern California
I mix it with his greens as well lol, I swear he thinks it's a meatball or something. The little bugger

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Some torts just don't like certain foods. Just like us humans. If they don't need it it is ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.