Mazuri LS

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Two weeks ago, I just bought my first bag of LS. All my torts have no problem of eating it. Sulfate, Leopards, stars even the baby Hermanni. ..

Kori5

I don't like how sticky the LS version gets and don't find hay as a main ingredient suitable for Hermanni. But he prefers it to nutrazu. Don't know why :D.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I've only used the free samples that are handed out of the LS. But I soaked it for overnight, and mix it in with actual greens. Pancakes, hingebacks, Manouria, Egyptians, Forsteni all eat it just fine for me. For the most part I use Layena chicken food, soaked and mixed in with greens, sometimes I add extra Ca + D3, and soaked hoarse pellets made of 50/50 Alfalfa/orchard grass for more fiber, as well as actual chopped dry or wet grass.

I have never fed any pellet as a stand alone diet item per meal, always mixed in some some greens.

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
. I would not feed LS to a non-grass eating species like a Russian or a hermanni. If you can get them to eat it, I think the LS is fine for larger sulcatas, SA leopards and large DTs. I wouldn't feed it to anything other than those three. Maybe a large Galap too.[/QUOTE]

@Tom, why not feed LS to a Russian, because it had grass in it? How is it different from feeding zoomed grassland to a Russian?