Mazuri LS

Randi

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
So I have finally found Mazuri for my tortoise but the problem is that it is the LS formula. I managed to get 12oz for $16.00. I would of liked to try the original so I'll still be looking for it. If my Redfoot has started to take to the LS, should I continue? It is day two of the Mazuri LS mixed in with her food and she has decided to finally eat. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Ls is without the molasses in it and is probably much better for them anyway. I can only find the original on mazuris website.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My tortoises don't like the ls . So I mix it with the old mazuri . The red foots love them both mixed .

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
It is listed under tortoise food I just saw it. It seems like Mazuri is also coming out with a smaller size for smaller tortoises.

Randi

Canada
If it is healthier or better to feed, then I'll continue to purchase it. It seems my tortoise doesn't mind it but I think that's because s/he's never had the original :p Thanks for the replies.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Randi, if your Redfoot will eat it, Score one for you!
I also had to mix what I'd bought with the original formula to get rid of it all.
If you ever offer the original to them, it's HIGHLY likely that they will never again touch the L.S.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have tortoises that eat and prefer the LS dry,and will eat the original when moistened. I have tortoises that eat and prefer the original formula moistened, and wont eat the LS unless it is mixed with the original. I have one tortoise that will only eat the original formula dry not wet, and wont even look at the LS wet or dry. I have one tortoise that likes to eat them mixed together and moistened. I do not have a tortoise that will not eat Mazuri, one or the other formulas. I have never had a tortoise that after eating Mazuri got hooked on it to the point where it refused to eat a varied diet along with the Mazuri. So far I am pleased with the growth results the tortoises that I feed it to are having with the LS.