Mazuri feed

kmloughran

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Napa, Ca
Mo is now about 450g.

We've been putting out 3-5 pellets every day with a variety of greens, he eats all of the pellets and most of the greens. Is this an ok feeding ritual? Or should we skip pellets some days? Should we be feeding him MORE pellets? He's been steadily gaining weight (approx 5% growth) every week and seems to be in good health. But I know bad eating habits can be a long term problem.

On the Days when we do skip pellets, he eats more greens just fine, I am just wondering if it's recommended to ensure pellet-free days.

Kev

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Less pellets and bigger variety of natural foods/greens better. Try adding more then just grocery greens though. Cactus, rose if Sharon leaf and flower, hibiscus leaf and flower, mulberry leaf, dandelion, clover, etc. check this link for more items. http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I do pellets about twice a week. I use Mazuri and Grassland pellets and alternate them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think what you are doing is fine, but I prefer to only offer Mazuri once or twice a week as a supplement to a good weedy, leafy diet.

I think your tortoise will still thrive if you continue doing it the way you are doing it, but my personal preference would be to do it differently than that.