Marginated.Oakley

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey everyone, my tortoise is getting a little bored with the mix of foods we are giving them so I’ve decided to plant some edible plants for Oakley (7 mo) to graze on in the enclosure. I will plant them on the cool side -along with the buckle weed and succulents I already have planted- and am wondering which hardy plants are best for planting! Thank you in advance.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I really like the seed mixes from TortoiseSupply.com They have grazing mixes and seeds for any species.

Your own local weeds are the best plants. You could try to collect seeds from plants.

I don't know if you're in NorCal or SoCal, but opuntia is good to plant, hibiscus, grape vine (not inside the enclosure), mulberry trees, (also not inside the enclosure).

There are lots of flowers that torts like to eat...this is from a list of tortoise foods:
Mulberry leaves
Grape vine leaves
Hibiscus leaves
African hibiscus leaves
Blue hibiscus leaves
Rose of Sharon leaves
Rose leaves
Geraniums
Gazanias
Nasturtium
Lavatera
Pansies
Petunias
Hostas
Honeysuckle
Cape honeysuckle
Leaves and blooms from any squash plant, like pumpkin, cucumber, summer squash, etc...

If you think of a plant and you aren't sure if it's safe, check on this site. They lean toward being too cautious, but at least you'll know if a plant is safe.