Marbled cherry hatchlings 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I read in one of the posts that there is a rumor that cherryheads don't marble until they are at least 6". Here are two 2010 hatchlings that I have. The lighter colored one we got from Carl May. (Crazy guy to get of it!) The darker one is one of our hatchlings. It is the only one of ours that is marbled so far. Some of the others may start marbling soon, there are little teaser white flecks. These two are probably the the more extreme cases of marbling. Enjoy!

Allegra

PS
TerryK here are two of our keepers for obvious reasons!

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Beautiful little Cherryheads. I'm jealous that you got one from Carl May. :D Here's my little Ruby and she's our Cherryhead that's only 17 months old and she's marbled quite a bit. I got her from Tyler Stewart. She started marbling when she was around 6 months old.

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

allegraf

10 Year Member!
What a cute pair! It will be interesting to see how long these early marblers keep their white!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
A 4" [ not raised from hatchling ] starting to 'fleck' -

YCherry1.jpg

A 5" 'rescued' from a petstore -

AAugust07Cherryhead.jpg

One of Carl's @ 17 months -

ACHERRYCHERRY.jpg

And another of Carl's @ 18 months -

AFeb05TL.jpg

And 34 months old and over 7" after a summer outside in natural light -

056inmale.jpg

Actually what I've seen is just the opposite.. they 'start' to marble at a year or younger and peak at 2 years and fade from there.

What 'size' are those of yours Allegra? Age or SCL?

NERD

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Allegra, those little guys are amazing. Just beautiful. Pio's marbling has gotten darker from being outside all summer.
054-1.jpg

allegraf

10 Year Member!
My dark one was hatched in March of 2010. Carl's around the same time. They are both 3 1/4". I agree, the marbling does fade when they are adults. I do have an unusual one that may not fade since the marbling appears to be around the areolas instead of between the scutes. Similar to the brown Carl baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.