Maggies nap

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Let's see what goes on in Bob's pen while Maggie has a nap. Maggie has been very sick lately and it's been raining in Corvallis so her being sick was alright because Bob couldn't go out anyway. But yesterday the sun shined all day starting the drying out process and today the sun was out and it felt so warm on your skin. But Bob was stuck inside all morning and Maggie could hear a noise coming from Bob's shed so Maggie had to go out and see what was going on....Bob is ramming the doors and the walls as he finally figured out it was nice outside. Bob climbs this wall...
10eqw4m.jpg

He is making splinters of this wood
6hrwac.jpg

So Maggie lets Bob go outside so she can have a decent nap...
It's getting about time to make the doggie door a little bigger...
aob33m.jpg

Now Maggie can go lay down...
After a decent nap it's time to check on Bob...
he's broken this cinder block. That was a solid wall and he rammed that corner so much he broke that block!!!
That row in the middle was offset and Bob broke the block!
19uhds.jpg

Bob thinks that he may be able to climb out, look at him try...
1qqvki.jpg

Look he can almost make it
14xi350.jpg

well he couldn't get over there so maybe he can do it down here...
4orys.jpg

with a big push on this cracked block maybe he can get over...
fkw5th.jpg

I don't understand why he thinks he needs to go out. He has good graze and enough room...look at him looking up at me begging me to toss him some treats...
33kr6ds.jpg

Well Bob finally figures out he's not going to escape and Maggie's not going to throw him some treats, so it's simply time for Bob to go back to grazing...what a way to end the day...
2lsingy.jpg

moswen

5 Year Member
haha so cute! i love picture stories! my babies have three times the amout of room in their outdoor enclosure (6 foot kiddie pool) as they do inside (underbed storage tub) but all moswen does is walk the edge of his outdoor enclosure...

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
Wow Maggie, you sure have your hands full with Bob! They are VERY strong from what I see here. Kinda worries me though, my baby will be a big boy like your Bob someday.........hope I have a good 'handy-man' to help me then!!

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
you gotta love a tortoise who can crack a cement block!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is a very mischievous boy isn't he? I'd be in deep doo doo if mine ever started doing some of the things he does. Bob's never allowed to visit mine. I don't want them getting any ideas from him. He like the naughty kid in the neighborhood that nobody wants their kids to play with.

Yet another great story, told by a great story teller.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Maggie, that was so funny. Maybe Bob is looking for a girlfriend. Bob is so strong, that it's a little frightening. I am hoping you feel much better very soon. Hugs.......

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, he's clearly in need of a new 5-gallon bucket...looks like the old one has expired...;)

When I see photos like these, I just laugh till tears come out of my eyes! I can just see the determination, the focus, the concerted effort with those back feet pushing little ruts into the soil...it's a tribute to the Sulcatan spirit, I tell you! Freedom, ho! :p

What a little stinker...and then he has the gall to turn that innocent face to you for treats...what a character! There is only one Bob. :rolleyes:

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
Isaac tests his stock tank all the time. He throws dirt onto his back all the time too. He creates a little pile on top his shell. If I brush it off he throws more up there; not digging, but clearly throwing dirt on his back. Also the most annoying sound when your trying to take a nap is the sound of claws scratching along a metal tub when he digs.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Dear Bob,

You got to be good to get treats. That means no peaking over the wall!

Your Friends,

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's got the ground all torn up in that corner, and look at the two-footed path along the edge! What a bugger!! I'm glad Dudley isn't like that. Dudley wears a path, but he never tries to escape.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Unbelievable strength!!! Everyone thinking about getting a Sulcata needs to see these pics (especially the cinder block crack)!!
Naughty Bob trying to get over that wall!! Beautiful pics!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Aww Really cute pictures and story Maggie :) Bob is sooo smart! I hope you feel better soon :)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i loved this photo documented story

dannomite

5 Year Member
Rhyno47 said:
Isaac tests his stock tank all the time. He throws dirt onto his back all the time too. He creates a little pile on top his shell. If I brush it off he throws more up there; not digging, but clearly throwing dirt on his back. Also the most annoying sound when your trying to take a nap is the sound of claws scratching along a metal tub when he digs.

I know exactly how you feel!! I swear Nova does that when I'm sleeping just to wake me up!

FWishbringer

5 Year Member
Here's a question from a hatchling owner... were the blocks mortared at all? It didn't look like it to me. Was it simply pushing/ramming on unmortared blocks that broke it?

The strength difference is large, especially if they are hollow (normal) blocks. A 10 year old kid can break non-mortared hollow blocks, but it takes a large adult male human (or karate master) to break the solid ones, and usually tools to break them if mortared.

Would help me gauge 'down the road' planning.

M

Maggie Cummings

No there was no mortar... the blocks were off set from each other in my trying to make the wall stronger. He has also cracked a 1/2 inch plywood wall that is flat inside his shed. Believe me this 80 pound tortoise is stronger than any 10 year old kid.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh Robert...what a troublemaker ;) It's a good thing he's so charming!

Tom said:
He like the naughty kid in the neighborhood that nobody wants their kids to play with.
haha too funny :D

Status
Not open for further replies.