Lylah is definitely LYLE. Oh my.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Well, I've been flashed. It's official. Freaky creature just came out of Lylah's tale. Pretty sure that ugly thing was a penis. -shudder-
He is proud over himself. Sticking his butt in the air and literally flashing me during his soak. Putting it away, only to stick his butt in the air again to flash me.ImageUploadedByTortForum1392049221.528899.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ha ha I would say thats his frank and beans!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
He keeps doing it. Each time it's bigger, uglier, and more purple. Eeeeeekkkk

This is his, "you can stop calling me Lylah, dummy." pose.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Will........

You should be proud of him. It only mean you take a good care of him and he is ready to make you a proud grandma.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Except he has no mate LOL. He is my only boxie.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Elohi said:
Except he has no mate LOL. He is my only boxie.

You must read his message.

"I'm ready Mommy, I will make you proud!! Look..........". Look! his butt is in the air again!

So another Boxie in order??????

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I'm glad Lyle showed that my suspicions were correct ;) I think he is going to be a handsome young male and his colors will soon come in full force. What's strange is that in all my years of dealing with gulf coast box turtles I've never been flashed by a young male. Perhaps it's because they are so use to standing water than they don't feel the need to do it like other subspecies.
Anyways Congrats on the discovery. It's always nice to FINALLY know for certain the sex of a turtle so you can fully appreciate what they are. I think a lovely young female male me in order! Just a suggestion :)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I had a male gulf coast years ago that did it. He only did it twice that I saw though. He was an old, big guy.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
lisa127 said:
I had a male gulf coast years ago that did it. He only did it twice that I saw though. He was an old, big guy.

My older guys will do it on occasion (especially with females present in march-may), but my juvenile males aren't known for flashing.