Boxt turtle fanning....omg

newboxiemama

Location (City and/or State)
Issaquah WA
I had quite an experience today with Spike! I thought Spike was a girl...until today. I was watching him swirl around in his water, and he suddenly dipped his head down, stuck his butt in the air and out came a very, very large purple organ. Naturally, I thought he was prolapsing all of his insides...after scouring the internet, I realized that it was definitely a penis. Literally the most shocking thing I have ever seen. He sucked it back in after about 10 seconds of waving it around.

My questions...how often does this happen?!! It happened in very clean water so no substrate got stuck. Is this normal? Do I need to be worried?? Omg, what a day!!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Worried about how fascinating it will be to him. Thing in terms of a flag- he gonna fly it. Maybe him a nice rock or shoe to show his love to.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When my leopard found himself he would flash in every warm water soak for about a month. That was at around 2 or 3 years of age. I haven't seen it since and hes 9 years now.
It doesn't matter is they do it on the substrate. Don't forget they live in the wild on all kinds of dirt leaves stickers etc.