LOVe

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbyxoxo

5 Year Member
Can my tortoise feel love? Can she tell when im trying to talk to her? I was just wondering if she will ever feel a strong bond towards me..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Wow...that is near impossible to answer....I do not think there is ever a way to REALLY know what their emotional capacity is, you know what I mean....I mean folks will dismiss their behavior as just that and that we impose out human words to personalize a tort or animal...so who is really capable of knowing this...I don't think anyone of this world... :D

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
They will love you for being the provider of food. They recognise when things they like are going to happen and relax and not struggle or hiss.

Is it 'love'? I don't think so. They don't form life-long bonds with their own kind let alone humans. Tortoise mating is meet-up, mate, move-on... definitely not a loved up pairing.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
JoesMum said:
Tortoise mating is meet-up, mate, move-on...
Sounds like my life.
I can't honestly say yes or no, some people think they do others don't. As fir my personal experience, I say that they won't love you like a dog or cat might, but that does not mean they are not awesome pets.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think they do either. However, anything your tort does that makes you think he is loving you, then take it as that. Will make you feel good. That's what counts. When I talk to mine and kiss his head, he sticks his head out further, like he likes it and wants another. That's how I am going to take it as. Call me nuts, but makes me feel good thinking that he loves it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.