Losers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
So maybe this is just about me venting, but since you guys are my tortoise sounding board>>>
I put my little Nougat up for sale, here and on some other tort site. Had a few responses and every time I question anything,such as where will she be kept, do you have other torts, in particular RF's, they shut me down. This last one was a doozey, he/she inquired about shipping costs, as I had put, 100 plus shipping. I answered 125.00 total, from Mass to CA. (Overnight to boot) Thought it was pretty darn fair. I get a response, how to pay, I responded Paypal, but wanted to ask, oh about things, like , do you have other Rf, where would she be, outside etc, humidity is a big thing bla bla. I get one answers, he/she 'collect' RedFoot, leopard and sulcata. Then a follow up was this icing on the cake....

Cut and pasted,(with address and name omitted)

I understand you care your pet and make sure she 'll have a good home. But too much request to buy it. I bought 5 baby vet checked sultacas + $40 shipping from the store without any proof. You could check my address on the google 92683 where showned 2 cars parked there with the nice yard. And let's me know your decision.
Thanks

Wouldn't you love that for your little pet's new home???
(please I am not dissing the english at all, But 5 baby sulcatas?? then to have Red foots and leopards..Come on my decision is NO!! I will keep this little one.This is no better than stopping by that pet store and picking up a couple of Great Dane puppies and and maybe that little German Shepard, oh and throw in that Cocker Spaniel pup too.
Bye
Nay

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I say if they have issues answering the basic question's then you have to question the motives...Keep saying no until you find a great person who will take care of Nougat the proper way..

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
It's funny, I had put an ad in for a tort I had a long time ago. (Honest I don't get them and then get rid of them, although sometimes I do take on an extra tort or 2, especially if I can improve what they had previous, as was the case with this one 2 yrs ago)
Anyway the last time, I had 2 or more folks interested and man, you couldn't shut them up trying to impress me on what they had to offer. Kinda like reading here, all the 'tweeks' and updates we all seem to do on our husbandry.
This latest experience has been upsetting. And yes I will wait, or keep her.
Otherwise it's like 'saving' her from one fire and placing her in another.
thanks Nay

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I guess some people feel if they are buying it, then you don't have any right to question them. I sorta agree, If I am taking in someone's pet (which I do often) then they can ask any questions they want to. If I am buying an animal then I kinda feel like keep the questions to a minimum. Of course I wouldn't have a problem asking some questions I have even sent pictures of where I would keep an animal so the person would be able to see their future home, BTW 125 is a pretty darn good price IMHO.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
You definitely have to wonder a person's motive if they get defensive, and for what you are charging for the tort and shipping I would think they would be glad to tell you how she would be kept. The guy I purchased Tejas from asked a couple questions and gave me a Sulcata care guide, even though I didn't need it I though it was cool that he care enough about the hatchlings to make sure new owners had a starting guide..

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, keep it, till it makes you feel better, maybe a hoader! 'lol' sorry, lindy

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Weird! Those google alert pics are not alway's in real time. How frustrating to not be able to get a straight answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.