The enjoyment of annoying scammers

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
So since everyone else is posting up these, I thought you'd enjoy this-my conversation back in April with Olena Reptiles:
Me:
Could you get hold of kinixys erosa adult females? How much would they be? Where are you based?
Them
21 April 10:51

hello thanks for the interest . we are located in Cameroon and we export tortoises and with complete documents. if you are interested we can get that send to you through a professional shipping company
Me:
21 April 13:09
I amin the UK. So how much would 2 adult k.erosa females with shipping be?

Sorry I meant am in
Them:

sorry for the delay. the two adults will cost you 950$

including papers to be ship to The UK

so if you are interested you send us your shipping address and how soon you want them ship depend on you.
Me:
21 April 16:24
Is there no way to keep the cost lower?
Them:

we can have another cheaper cost

together for 610$
Me:
That sounds relatively good. How big would the females be? Would they be WC and where from? Could I choose the two I want from pictures?
Them:

if you want pictures i can get your pictures they can grow to 31cm

we have both WC and CB
Me:
No what size at time of shipping?

And yes, can I have pictures please
Them:

we can ship depending on you. because we are always ready for shipment
Me:
What size will the females I receive be?

27cm
Me:
And they will be definite females?
Them:

you prefer females
Me:
Yes, so do you guarantee that the ones that I will get will be females?
Them:

yes we can asure you that we get them you the females. we are a company and we donot fail our customer

are u there
Me:
Thank you for the pictures and the guarantee. So $610 includes the export and import permit and the cost of two 27cm female k.erosa? Which airport would the tortoises come into? Would I need to collect from the airport?

Also, what payment methods do you accepy?

*accept*
Them:

they will be deliver at your home address. so you do not need to go any airport

we need your shipping address, your complete names, your city, zip code and closest airport to your city
Me:
Ok, how would payment be done?
Them:

also your phone number so that when the shipping company transport them you can be informed

we use TT transfer for payment or western union

if you wish that by wednessday we ship them

then western union will be preferable

also please send your address in a clear format because that is very important

also send your address in this manner. your complete names................... your city.......................... zip code........................... delivery addresss................ phone number........................ closest airport.......................
Me:
So would it be payment once I've received them? I would prefer to pay through paypal or BACS.
Them:

we do not have paypal servies over hear. Like i said with western union it can facilitate us meet up with your shipping. we do not love to get complication.

we need to apply for papers and i hope you know that
Me:
So you would want payment in advance?
Them:

like wise pay for the shipping services and we do hope you know that too

offcourse

because we have to meet up with our shipping procedue and pay for them and also provide you with tracking code for your shipment

so that you know exactly when to expect your animals deliver
Me:
The thing is that I'm a bit nervous about using Western Union, it is not particularly safe in case something goes wrong

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Them:

ben payment is a means for you to get over money to the seller. right. so the seller should let you know the best means of payment that can enable him meet up with the services of making you delivery

in case we give you options that can further disturb the smooth delivery of your animals. that will be our blame not yours

also send your address in this manner. your complete names................... your city.......................... zip code........................... delivery addresss................ phone number........................ closest airport.......................

Me:

I will pay extra for peace of mind with BACS, but I'm not willing to use Western Union. It is not safe enough
Them:

please we do not have BACS or any form of payment. what do you mean by safety.

Because we have western union around us and we believe if we can do business we should give you the possible and the best way you can let us have payment

excuss me ben i am a busy man and i talk to more than 10 customer a day and i will like seriouse customer for that matter

this is a customer that we just made some shipment to. you may call to confirm that

+90 --------

Me:

I am a serious customer, I already have k.erosa, but I am not willing to use Western Union, it is too risky.

Them:

we do not have paypal a,d we do not have BACS

why i talk of you not seriouse is because . you are ready to pay for your animals. oh yes. you are sending the money to us right

Me:

Is there anyone on facebook who has received a shipment from you, I would like to verify that you are a proper company. As you know, there are many scammers exporting from Africa?

Them:

i see no issue in that because you have to send money to us weather using which means. even posting the money is that we have to received money to pay for the papers and also arrange for your shipment

No change in this case make a different only trust and that is all

Offcourse i go some many some do speak different languages that you may not understand

hear is a reliable customer number ring him and get clearified +90 ---------- (blanked out for security)

we do not entertain customer that doubt our company a bit

Me:

I do not want to ring up someone, please give me other contact details.

Them:

such as facebook names

is that so

Me:

I'm afraid if you're not willing to accept more secure payment or at least give me details, then I will have to look elsewhere.

Email would be OK

Is what so?
Them:

ok let me send you their email please

That would be fine.

Me:

Let me know and I will email them

Them:

OK

Me:

Are you not going to let me know then???

Them:

let me send you their email please

Me:

Yes, let me know their emails, and I will email them

I am not giving you my email address yet
Them:

[email protected]

(blanked out)

are you there

this is another customer email [email protected]

are you there Ben

you may contact him as well [email protected]

Me:
21 April 20:23

I've contacted them, awaiting reply -This was of course, a lie

Them:

ok

ok

hello you said you contacted them right. so we should be waiting for their reply before we can move on with business is that not so.

Me:
22 April 11:38

Yes, I have not had a reply yet from any of them

Them:

are you sure you contact them. because Vivian njuh is a woman that is always on internet after worrk

so i just feel you are trying to joke. because i will not find it funny for customer i talk with them almost on daily bases are unable to reply you.

Me:
22 April 14:52

I've sent emails. I could try again?

I am not trying to joke, I want k.erosa. If you will pay through paypal I will pay now. You just need an email address and a debit card.

Them:
22 April 22:24

like i said we have no paypal and that is it