Looking for someone to adopt 2 sulcatas around 5/6 years old in TN

stumps2024

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis, TN
We have 2 female (i'm pretty sure) sulcatas that we've raised since we rescued them from a friend when they were babies that fit in our palms. They have been living outdoors in our yard for the past 2-3 years since they've outgrown the indoor enclosure we built. both are really healthy and are about 2 feet in shell length. We are in Memphis TN and looking to either surrendering them to the zoo (if they'll take them) or have someone who can provide better shelters (esp in the winters) for them. this is one of them - the smaller one, she has some handicap - 3 of her legs are "stumps" but they used to be a bit more obvious when she was a baby. now she's bigger they are less noticeable and it doesn't impede her movements at all.

Last edited:

Scott newell

Holmdel NJ
I am in NJ and would love to adopt your beautiful babies, please let me know if I can help you.
Thank you Scott Newell

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Please inform whoever adopts them that they should not be housed together. Tortoises should never be housed in pairs
Also be very careful of new members wanting to adopt. They usually only answer adoption threads to get a free tortoise and then to sell them.

Scott newell

Holmdel NJ
I am looking to keep them as pets, I am not a breeder or looking to sell them. Just saying, thanks Scott

Katie11

Baker fl
Are you still looking for forever homes for your sulcatas. I live in northwest Florida and would be willing to drive up to get them. I don't breed or resell. And I want to thank you for rescuing them. Looks like you guys did great raising them. But I'd have them separately enclosed