Looking for a Filter Recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvToGoFast

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

I have FINALLY set up my larger tank for my RES, It is a 40 gal breeder tank. I am looking for a filter recommendation, I have a Exo Terra Flo 350 that I am using now from my other tank, will i need more? I was thinking of a hang on tank canister of some kind. I don't want to break the bank, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Michael

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
This is probably the wrong section to ask since tortoises don't live in water, but I have a Fluval 404 (I think 406 is the newest) in one of my marine tanks and it works great. If you check the reviews on Amazon, a few turtle owners say the Fluval does a good job keeping their tanks clear.

Alles uber schildkroten

5 Year Member
Earth
What's 'break the bank' to you?? A fluval canister filter that doesn't hang on the side works great.. I don't know how the ones that go on the side work.. But canisters are the way to go with turtles.. I have 6 curesntly

Let me correct myself.. 6 turts currently

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
I'm a bit fan of the RENA/API Filters, but the Fluvals are fine too. I've plenty of experience with both. For the 40G, I'd go with an XP-3/XP-L or Fluval 305/306

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
MAKE 'EM! I make almost all of my filters now-a-days...And I've found I can easily personally design a filter twice as efficient and a third of the cost as most on the market. However, you do have to buy a pump, and its a little more inconvenient being that the filter itself has to be placed above the tank...
If you insist on the LAZY way, however, I like canister filters the best....

Status
Not open for further replies.