Lonley Greek

Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
How social are they do they like to be around others.
PC110020.jpg

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
mine doesnt sem to mind others, he really like the female i have certain times of the year and the other times he just kinda wanders around on his own, minds his own business....:tort:

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Testudo species by nature aren't social animals. They come together for breeding purposes and will often use the same resting areas and shelters. Female Testudo are by far more tolerable of each other than males are. Males, at some point will almost always end up fighting for dominance, especially when there are females present. Males are usually better off by themselves.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I had males and females together up until December, Henri my eldest tort took sick in the september,
When he recuperated i put him back with the others apart from mounting Mini, He just rammed anything and everything that moved,
So now he is on his own, but he is not happy, I cant put him with another one because he will just stress it out to the point of it getting sick..

As GB said they are not social species, But mine are all happy living together...It all depends on space and species and the owners..

Status
Not open for further replies.