confused (Horny tortoise??)

buddy1996

5 Year Member
My 8 year old Greek Tortoise has been pounding at our feet for almost two years, he seems to like to do nothing else but tonight he actually, sorry "humped" by husbands shoe. Is this a phase ? He has always been social but come on!! If you have info please let me know

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have seen this before on the forum. Some using balls, rocks, etc. reaching puberty.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is common and normal. Welcome to male tortoise adulthood. Your tortoise is bold and unafraid of people. This is a good sign really.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
This is normal. He is now of age =) People tend to think this is the time to get a new tortoise friend (If you know what i mean) but i highly suggest you don't. The fact that he is comfortable with you guys already as is, is a huge sign of dominance. The new tort will just get bullied by this one a lot and get over stressed. He is fine the way it is =)

DDickie

5 Year Member
UK
My tort is 55+ years old and he still does it! Get him a plastic bowl (or collander with the handle cut off) as a substitute "girlfriend"!

P.S. Mine particularly likes leather womens' shoes!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
A half flat basketball makes a good tortoise blowup doll.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well my sulcata likes to hump mud holes . Me and the wife made him a mud hole and he was just sitting in it . Then he stood up on all fours started making noises . My wife goes I've never heard him making them noises before . I said I think he's having happy fun time to the mud . She said tortoises don't hump mud . I said I bet you if I pick him up his boy parts are going to be out . She said no way . I said get your camera ready . An this is what happened . ....

Attachments

• 1407953794226.jpg
    1407953794226.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 52