Handling baby greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
(sorry for all the new threads and questions, I cant find some stuff on google :p)

I read that handling and hand feeding and stuff like that make your tortoise more social and they have "more" of a personality. I have a baby greek and was wondering how much handling is too bad for them? I dont hold them for more than 20 minutes a day and its usually hand feeding him because i dont want him getting to stressed out. I want him to get used to me and not be afraid.

sorry if that sounds confusing :p.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hi...well they will get use to you by the things you do....with that being said...maybe holding and hand feeding in itself may cause some stress, in my opinion, I would think that letting them come to you and you hand feeding would be less stressful (until he gets use to you)... when you say handling, does that mean picking up and carrying, etc. even when you don't need to? hmmm? I think that they get stressed, in their getting to know you stage, by being lifted alot...again, this is my opinion from observation...if you make like a tortoise, take is slow and steady, I believe that your relationship will be stress free and a bit more trusting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.