Long Beach TTC Expo [Photos]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Thanks for sharing, sorry it was kind of a let down!

Starjelly

5 Year Member
Southern ca. J
"tortoises need sunlight..this cage does not have sunlight." lol :)

:tort:If uv heard of cttc, California tortoise and turtle club, they have shows and they usually have tons of pancake torts and tons of other torts, some for adoption some for show. :tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Really nice. I want to go to an expo sometime and see all the reptiles! I wonder how much those egyptian tortoises are.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
I was there for an hour. From like 11-12, I couldn't find anyone :(
It was kind of a let down...
The aldabras were cool! but no one was very welcoming.
and i was kind of frustrated because when the owners with displays did talk to people with questions some of their answers seemed incorrect.
I got the registration for my Desert torts though, yay :D

Overall it wasn't really an expo, more of a live exhibit.
Would've been nice if you wanted to take the kids out and get a general idea about tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
I could be wrong but is LB the one who works with the care society? one of the chapters has recently been sorta kicked out because they were selling animals and the CTTC main goal is conservation and education.

I don't think so, but I can't remember which chapter it was. Bargeron used to be the executive director of the CTTC and he was accused of selling turtles at one of their shows. The members subsequently voted him out of office. He then took his chapter and started a new club with them, not affiliated with CTTC. Their name was very similar to CTTC, but I can't find it online either.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
The egg comparison pic is cool!

Starjelly

5 Year Member
Southern ca. J
:tort:If uv heard of cttc, California tortoise and turtle club, they have shows and they usually have tons of pancake torts and tons of other torts, some for adoption some for show. :tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.