Lola's big tort house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashned7

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lake district, England
So yeah some of you may have seen the posts about our inactive tort Lola. In the last few weeks the difference has been dramatic. She is now as alert and active in her house as she is outside. This is a pic of the set up.
The white edges you can see are ice cream tubs my gf made into a tunnel along the back edge and a hide box in the corner.
The plants get rotated every week atm to change from geraniums and aster to pansies and violas to give her choice about leaves and we still feed her different leaves and flowers and four varities of lettuce as well in case she doesnt eat any of the leaves. She really doesnt like geranium lol.
Also, we have addded some rocks between her food rock and the hide to make the surface texture different and interesting.
Does anyone have any suggestions to stop her from becoming withdrawn and inactive again?

Attachments

• DSCF2008.JPG
    DSCF2008.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCF2035.JPG
    DSCF2035.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • DSCF2003.JPG
    DSCF2003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Enclosure is very nice!!! Glad to hear about the turnaround!!! :) Looks like your going to have to make a bigger hide soon. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If she is happy outside, then is there a reason you can't leave her out all day and only bring her in for night time? If not,then it looks like if you keep the changing of things around in her enclosure, she may not get bored. I know my leopard likes to explore when I change things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.