Logo Idea Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Step right up and submit your ideas, either sketches, finished, or just raw ideas, here for the Absolutely Informal TFO Great Logo Contest. No prizes or anything... yet, although I am working on something for that.

I have two main ideas so far- "Square Shells" and "Tribal Tortoise"

TFO Fonts shows the Square Shells idea with several different fonts under it, showing how much difference the right font makes.

TFO Layout shows the Square Shells idea configured a few different ways.

TFO Colors shows it as full color, black and white, grayscale, and duotone- grayscale with tan instead of white, like it might look on a T-shirt.

Tribal Tortoise is represented by...

TFO Tribal, the main idea (which is based on my avatar- hey, I like the idea!). I imagine it looking really sharp embroidered on a hat, or as a tattoo.

TFO Tribal BK shows it with the main design element as a background or watermark

TFO EM shows it in a simple embossed pattern, which demonstrates how it can be printed in 2 colors on a T-shirt, etc. for effect.

TFO Tribal RAW is an attempt to show a shirt idea with the logo nice and big, and heavily worn/abraded/rough with the name in the pocket area.

Here are the Tribal Tortoise ideas...

Attachments

• TFO Fonts.jpg
    TFO Fonts.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 56
  • TFO Layouts.jpg
    TFO Layouts.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 44
  • TFO Colors.jpg
    TFO Colors.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 30
  • TFO Tribal.jpg
    TFO Tribal.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 28
  • TFO Tribal BK.jpg
    TFO Tribal BK.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 21
  • TFO Tribal EM.jpg
    TFO Tribal EM.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 27
  • TFO Tribal RAW.jpg
    TFO Tribal RAW.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 25

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I like the second font, first layout, and in the normal colors. I picked those, because I like how they represent some of the major species. I thought it looked very professional.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Just to clarify... the color ideas show that the logo can be done in a variety of ways based on the needs. For example, the duotone shows what it would look like on a tan t-shirt, and the B&W and greytone shows what it would look like from a copier, etc.

While I am happy people like my stuff, I would love to see some other ideas!

For example, I did not do any 'cute' or 'cartoon' versions. Is there an interest in that direction?

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Ohhh! I'll participate! I'm actually a graphic design college student so this is awesome to me, haha! I'll try to submit something tonight :D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Another clarification: THIS IS NOT NOT NOT a TFO contest- it is just my curiosity to see what people thought. I am sorta hoping Josh, etc. will like what they see.

If someone submits something I like, I will figure out a prize for them out of my own pocket. The offer of a prize is just to help stir those creative juices even more.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
As Meg and Stace, I like the second font with the first layout, with the natural color. It would be a shame to change those beautiful shell colors :D

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
Just an idea, but the logo could have a mascot like character. Like how Geico has a gecko, its cute, memorable, and inviting to people. A cute or funny tortoise could make our site stand out.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Do you think we could license the old tort from Kung Fu Panda?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I would vote for a cartoon tortoise. :) Looking forward to a new logo and t-shirts for sale. Thanks!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I'll work on a cartoon version (as hopefully some others will as well), but am wondering about a name for it. Oh, and it can be a mascot, and we could have a mascot AND a logo!

Name possibilities....
- Lil' Josh
- T'fo
????????

Status
Not open for further replies.