TFO T-Shirt Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I can do without the blue or green background as well...otherwise, these are GREAT! And even tough they missed the deadline, I think they should be considered.

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
29629a8.jpg

Thank you both for your feedback! Im going into the DAAP program (design,art,architecture,andplanning) next year at uc, so feed back is good to help me grow. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I really like Dean's submission. Two things that I think would make it perfect. First: Put the back end of the tortoise on the back. I just think that would be fantastic. Who cares if its been done before. Somebody else already bought a Toyota Tundra, doesn't mean I don't want one.

Second: Center the "Ask Questions, Get Answers..." part under the TFO part. The asymmetry is driving the OCD side of me crazy.

BTW, I LOVE the way the TFO logo sits under Aladar's raised foot. Its not symmetrical, but it kind of is since it sits so well with the drawing.

khanvict

5 Year Member
movealongmosey said:
29629a8.jpg

Thank you both for your feedback! Im going into the DAAP program (design,art,architecture,andplanning) next year at uc, so feed back is good to help me grow. :)

i am diggin' it. very nice mustard-n-ketchup(catsup?)-stylish theme and it works beautifully in my opinion. if this was a final revision, only minor adjustment i would make to this is to curve the 'tortoiseforum.org' wording just a tad bit tighter to the arc on the white circle. the beginning and ending of the wording seem to get away from the rim. you could even put the wording on/in the white arc in a different colour rather than above it. may or may not look better, i don't know, but something to experiment with. everything else is wonderful. well done once again. :)

turtletania

5 Year Member
Still voting for Dean's..... the other one is just too busy. From a distance it just isn't clear what you are wearing.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER! SOMEONE PM SAMMI!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Not sure how I missed this! I won't have time to get anything cool made, but here is one of mine from an earlier thread

Attachments

• tfo.jpg
    tfo.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 34

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Only 12 more hours!!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I'm off to work..but don't worry everything will be in by midnight =]

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
So here's what I've got. A disclaimer first: I know my t-shirt designs use pictures, as Josh said NOT to, but I've got an idea for us. If you remember, I mentioned I have a friend who screen prints t-shirts. He can screen print pictures and they turn out beautiful. If one of my designs got chosen, I could talk to him and get the shirts printed through him. Also remember, fonts, tort species, wording, and placement could all be edited on these shirts.

Design 1: I used the shell of a tortoise to show through the text. Pretty simple, but eye catching too.

t5rvdd.jpg

Design 2: Simple centered design, with a logo on the sleeve as well.

263aot5.jpg

Design 3: So obviously I have no clue what "tortoise tracks" look like! This was my attempt at them. If this design was chosen, maybe someone could help me with photos of tortoise tracks in sand or something, so I could make them more accurate. I couldn't find any bird's eye view ones in google images.

de7afo.jpg

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Hah, I actually wondered if anyone would stay up to see the post:p Hope everyone likes them!

khanvict

5 Year Member
sammi said:
So here's what I've got. A disclaimer first: I know my t-shirt designs use pictures, as Josh said NOT to, but I've got an idea for us. If you remember, I mentioned I have a friend who screen prints t-shirts. He can screen print pictures and they turn out beautiful. If one of my designs got chosen, I could talk to him and get the shirts printed through him. Also remember, fonts, tort species, wording, and placement could all be edited on these shirts.

[size=medium]Design 3: So obviously I have no clue what "tortoise tracks" look like! This was my attempt at them. If this design was chosen, maybe someone could help me with photos of tortoise tracks in sand or something, so I could make them more accurate. I couldn't find any bird's eye view ones in google images.

de7afo.jpg

nice job, my favorite one is design 3. i like how it's not centered. what if the tracks on the front were a continuation leading/connecting from the backside so that on the back you see two horizontal track lines and in between the track lines you could put the tortoiseforum.org text? also, i'm not too keen on the font, a little cutesy for me but just my personal opinion. those would be my suggestions.

for the image in design 3 i think it would also be cool if this t-shirt contest was like a polo shirt with a collar and you reduce that tortoise image very small on put it on the chest area like a badge the way you see it done all the time with popular polo shirts. don't know if there's any chance for that at all but i'd like to see it.

again, nice work!

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
khanvict said:
sammi said:

[size=medium]Design 3: So obviously I have no clue what "tortoise tracks" look like! This was my attempt at them. If this design was chosen, maybe someone could help me with photos of tortoise tracks in sand or something, so I could make them more accurate. I couldn't find any bird's eye view ones in google images.

de7afo.jpg

nice job, my favorite one is design 3. i like how it's not centered. what if the tracks on the front were a continuation leading/connecting from the backside so that on the back you see two horizontal track lines and in between the track lines you could put the tortoiseforum.org text? also, i'm not too keen on the font, a little cutesy for me but just my personal opinion. those would be my suggestions.

for the image in design 3 i think it would also be cool if this t-shirt contest was like a polo shirt with a collar and you reduce that tortoise image very small on put it on the chest area like a badge the way you see it done all the time with popular polo shirts. don't know if there's any chance for that at all but i'd like to see it.

again, nice work!

Thank you =] And I can change the font, no problem. I also like your idea of continuing the tracks to the other side with text in the middle, I didn't think of that :) You have sparked another idea for me though, if I continued the tracks onto the back with text in the middle, I could put a tort butt at the verrry bottom of the shirt as if he walked all the way over your shoulder to the other side of the shirt. Any idea for what the tracks actually look like though? Need help with that..

As for shirts, if my friend printed them, we could use any kind of shirt you'd like. He's printed tank tops, hoodies, tees, shorts, and bathing suits too.

khanvict

5 Year Member
sammi said:
khanvict said:
sammi said:

de7afo.jpg

again, nice work!

Thank you =] And I can change the font, no problem. I also like your idea of continuing the tracks to the other side with text in the middle, I didn't think of that :) You have sparked another idea for me though, if I continued the tracks onto the back with text in the middle, I could put a tort butt at the verrry bottom of the shirt as if he walked all the way over your shoulder to the other side of the shirt. Any idea for what the tracks actually look like though? Need help with that..

As for shirts, if my friend printed them, we could use any kind of shirt you'd like. He's printed tank tops, hoodies, tees, shorts, and bathing suits too.

i thought the generic track pattern you had worked nicely. it gave the impression of what it was supposed to be but if you want some better ideas go to flickr.com and search 'tortoise tracks'. you will come up with some decent results that should help. here's one from a leopard tortoise: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbygott/4153537683/

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Great submissions - everyone! I'll get the poll set up ASAP so we can start voting!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I like ALL of sammi's submissions...HOWEVER...Josh stated to stay away from using photos. I had four or five photos in mind...Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.