TFO T-Shirt Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Okay - after creating more than 3 t-shirt designs myself (and because of sammi's prodding ;) ), I've decided to leave it up to the people. We're holding TFO's first T-Shirt Design Contest.

The Rules:
1. The design must be related to tortoises and TortoiseForum.org
2. You MUST own or have permission to use any image in your design.
3. Designs should be as big as possible (12"x12" and 200 DPI) to make printing easier. If necessary, we will have to re-work your design to make it printable.
4. Have fun!

To participate, post your design in this thread. Create your design at the highest resolution possible. We can always scale it down later. Please try to avoid using photos as they are expensive to print. If needed, use http://tinypic.com to host your design. Below is a t-shirt template you can use to sketch ideas on.

Submissions will be collected until July 1, 2010 @ 11:59 PST. Then we'll do an anonymous vote for the winner and the winning design will be added to the TFO Zazzle Store. The winner gets their first shirt free and a donation of $25 to the animal charity of their choice!

Show us what you can do!

ieo843.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Is there a limit as to how many designs can be submitted? And do you want TFO in the design?

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Let's keep it to 3 entries per member. The font used in the TFO logo is Cooper. You don't need to have the logo in the design but incorporating the URL somehow would be nice...

HappyDT

5 Year Member
i don't know how to show the designs in the post. hopefully you can see them if you click on the attachment.
w2lv7o.jpg

View attachment tfo.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

khanvict

5 Year Member
My first entry:
Main Image/Logo
2wrhw7b.png

T-Shirt Sample
1zf0io4.png

I thought the slogan was fitting since they actually do live a pretty long time.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
These designs all look great so far! Keep 'em coming!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
OK...I decided I was going to use Aladar for my Tee design...I did a coupla other sketches...a galap on the charge and a pair of leopard babies...then I thought about combining all three sketches into one design...too busy! So this is the one! Hope you all like it.

Design (Sketch scanned + Logo added)
zx8zmq.jpg

Tee
219xbev.jpg

turtletania

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
OK...I decided I was going to use Aladar for my Tee design...I did a coupla other sketches...a galap on the charge and a pair of leopard babies...then I thought about combining all three sketches into one design...too busy! So this is the one! Hope you all like it.

Design (Sketch scanned + Logo added)
zx8zmq.jpg

Tee
219xbev.jpg

LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!! My vote is for this one for sure!!!!! TurtleTania

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I like Dean's, but I think it would be cute if the back of the shirt had the back of the tort on it.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Angi said:
I like Dean's, but I think it would be cute if the back of the shirt had the back of the tort on it.

I actually thought of that...but I have a rhino shirt from when I worked at SD Zoo...and the back has the rear end...and I hate to copy other people's ideas.

M

Maggie Cummings

DeanS said:
Angi said:

I actually thought of that...but I have a rhino shirt from when I worked at SD Zoo...and the back has the rear end...and I hate to copy other people's ideas.

You should put Bob's bumpy nose on the back.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
maggie3fan said:
DeanS said:
Angi said:

You should put Bob's bumpy nose on the back.

Actually, I should put Bob IN the back...yard, that is...MINE!:p

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Only a couple more days to enter!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I extended the submittal date by one week. All the submissions look great so far! Let's see a couple more!

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
attachment.php

Frustrating but done. :D
Tell me what you think!

Thank you, I was getting frustrated haha.

Attachments

• TORTFORUM copy.jpg
    TORTFORUM copy.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 246

khanvict

5 Year Member
movealongmosey said:
attachment.php

Frustrating but done. :D
Tell me what you think!

Thank you, I was getting frustrated haha.

those are great designs. i love the colours in the tortoise. my pet peeve is the neon green and blue...accents...i will call them. if those are black and maybe the tortoiseforum.org link is in another font and or displayed in another manner then i would say it'd be perfect. nonetheless, incredibly awesome job.

Status
Not open for further replies.