Logan's Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was just digging around in my Photobucket and came across pictures I took of Logans Enclosure before I finished it, and put it into use.

Only things different on it now is I have a railing on that ramp going up to second level. It is made from the same product I used to make the ramp. I built it last year, but I'm thinking I should have made it a tad bit bigger. The lamps are also hanging and suspended about 12" from basking spots.

Take a look. I'll try and post something updated soon.

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

And here is a video from when I first setup and introduced Logan to it.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Very easy... the bottom is actually lenolium and the sides are peel and stick tiles. I originally use it for the bottom too but they started peeling up on me so I tore them off and replaced with the lenolium. All I did then was silicone the edges and painted it up to finish it.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Really cool. My indoor enclosure uses ramps as well. Lots of fun to see my tort go up it the first time. (Took her a while to try it out.). Now she is up and down at least five or six times per day. Good exercise and mentally stimulating I hope!

Nice job.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, I haven't experimented with ramps in any of my enclosures, but when I see others doing it, I keep thinking I should give it a try sometime.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Very cool, I have also wanted to incorporate a ramp/balcony into my tort's enclosure.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
ChiKat said:
Very cool, I have also wanted to incorporate a ramp/balcony into my tort's enclosure.

If you can I would suggest it. Our tortoise never went up there for weeks when I moved him into the enclosure but once I showed him what was up there he is always going up and down. It helps him get the excercise he needs and adds a little more room to the enclosure as well.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nope - I actually added a side rail that is the same material as the actual ramp. I guess I should have posted updated pictures when I posted them. I added the ramp about 3 days after putting him into the enclosure because I thought the exact same thing.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice enclosure.

I like to try to incorporate hills into all my outdoor enclosures. They really seem to like them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Oh wow! That's a wall not a rail...where did you get the little logs? I think for an aquarium you have create a great habitat and I would love to see the finished product complete with tortoise...is that possible??

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I love that you added a wall to the ramp- it looks fantastic! Yes, please tell us where you got those sticks!

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks everyone - I guess it's more like a wall. Better safe than sorry I guess the old saying goes...

Those are from a local petshop found in the rodent section. They have wire holding them together and you can bend them to different shapes. There is actually four of them and all I did was drill holes and zip tie them together to make them longer than they are sold in stores as. I just wanted something that looked great and was easy for him to get traction in climbing it. They fit the bill!

Here's a few more pictures of Logan and his setup. I would already love to expand it - but I'll be building him an outdoor enclosure outside this year where he can spend the nice warm Canadian summer days we have.

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5691.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5762.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

That's awesome, I really like it, thanks for the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.