Loft bedroom addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
I made a loft hide for Gary's indoor enclosure. I love how it turned out! I bought an inexpensive decorative box from 'Ross', added legs from Home Depot, painted it, added a ramp.... And now Gary has a Loft bedroom :) ImageUploadedByTortForum1374463196.561000.jpg
I filled it with Timothy hay

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nice!!!! You may need to add some rails to the side of ramp . So he don't be come a gymnast.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Thanks! Yeah I'll have to add a rail along the left side. The right side is up against the wall. ImageUploadedByTortForum1374466895.895692.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374466918.303148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WillTort2

5 Year Member
For some reason I'm picturing your tort singing "It's a Small World After All....."

:)

Nice addition.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Hahaa yes! Pretty sure he was planning a trip to Libya earlier today.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I'm so glad you posted this thread. I've just built a hide similar and it has a ramp. Your ramp has ridges and mine doesn't so thanks very much for the idea :D

WillTortoise said:
For some reason I'm picturing your tort singing "It's a Small World After All....."

Nice addition.

Omfg! LOL!!!!

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
LeopardTortLover said:
I'm so glad you posted this thread. I've just built a hide similar and it has a ramp. Your ramp has ridges and mine doesn't so thanks very much for the idea :D

WillTortoise said:

Nice addition.

Omfg! LOL!!!!

As you can see in the pics I got a little carried away with the Gorilla Glue trying to glue the steps on.... Apparently it expands 5x :)

Dr. Chompy

5 Year Member
I love it! Im back to the drawing board today, my tortoise had a growth spurt and broke out of his enclosure. Thank goodness I found him!!

wildchild6771

5 Year Member
Looks great! I might steal your idea and do this for my little guys when they get bigger. Thanks for sharing.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Dr. Chompy said:
I love it! Im back to the drawing board today, my tortoise had a growth spurt and broke out of his enclosure. Thank goodness I found him!!

Glad you found him!! I'm always a little afraid that's gonna happen with our outdoor enclosure.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
This is a great idea. You have a world traveler. :D

Sent from my HTC One V using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.