ManAlive85

Location (City and/or State)
London UK
Hi everyone, I finished Joni’s mezzanine dining terrace yesterday and both myself and Joni are pretty pleased with the results so I thought I’d show it off.

I replaced the back of the viv with marine ply as the previous back had started to rot and I took the opportunity to neaten up the electrics back there. The ramp and platform were all built from the leftover ply, the end of a broom handle, an upturned floor tile and a dozen or so ice lolly sticks. All told about £25 ($35), not including the yacht varnish which I already had, and a few hours graft.

The ramp was a gamble as she’s notoriously lazy but she’s been getting up and down no problem since she realised her leaves were at the top ?.

EABB30FF-0EF0-4529-98FE-15716BBB16EA.jpeg8FF47D06-15CE-461F-9F1F-C12CCA976C2B.jpegC09B548C-131C-4BDE-B4F2-86D0486BE777.jpeg25D632CE-269C-4BC3-8ABD-40C2B26AB338.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Looks great. Doesn't look like much of a ledge to prevent an accidental drop off.... maybe it’s just the angle of the pix. I’m thinking a curious tort will easily climb over the ledge?

ManAlive85

London UK
Looks great. Doesn't look like much of a ledge to prevent an accidental drop off.... maybe it’s just the angle of the pix. I’m thinking a curious tort will easily climb over the ledge?

You could be right, she’s not much of a climber which is why I wasn’t overly concerned about the height of the barrier but she could probably scale it if she put her mind to it.

It’s about a 200mm drop and there’s a good, thick layer of coco coir underneath her. Do you think she’d hurt herself if she tried to fly? I imagine she’d just pull her head and arms in And be okay but I’ve never seen a falling tortoise before.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You could be right, she’s not much of a climber which is why I wasn’t overly concerned about the height of the barrier but she could probably scale it if she put her mind to it.

It’s about a 200mm drop and there’s a good, thick layer of coco coir underneath her. Do you think she’d hurt herself if she tried to fly? I imagine she’d just pull her head and arms in And be okay but I’ve never seen a falling tortoise before.