Light bulbs for sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Hi i am buying a new bulb because my other one is old, i was thinking of buying the zilla 100 watt ceramic bulb, there is also another one that is 75 watts, both of these dont emit any light, so if you can give me a tip on which i should choose it would help alot. I will be awaiting your tortoise expetise guys thanks lol

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
You can go with a cheaper basking bulb...if your sulcata is getting at least a few hours in the sun EVERYDAY. If not, you're going to need a Mercury Vapor Bulb. Zoo Med's Powersun is the best...IMHO! At night, a good Ceramic Heat Emitter is all you need...no night light!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The 100 watt is what I would buy. However, you do know you still have to have UVB. The ceramic heat emitters are only for heat.

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
DeanS said:
You can go with a cheaper basking bulb...if your sulcata is getting at least a few hours in the sun EVERYDAY. If not, you're going to need a Mercury Vapor Bulb. Zoo Med's Powersun is the best...IMHO! At night, a good Ceramic Heat Emitter is all you need...no night light!

Thanks for the lightning fast reply guys, oh and yea they are out every day all day so uvb is not an issue :)

wellington said:
The 100 watt is what I would buy. However, you do know you still have to have UVB. The ceramic heat emitters are only for heat.

I will go for that one then because its only 15 bucks which is quite cheap at the store i go to

Status
Not open for further replies.