Leachianus Geckos

Yamaha4x4_19

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Louis
Hey guys I didn't know if any of y'all have or are experts with Leachie Geckos as well. I'm looking to buy two Leachianus geckos and if you know anything about them, There are several different types of them depending on which island they came from. Well the guy selling them doesn't know which type they are. Is there any way of finding out? I'll attach some pictures and if any of you guys have experience with them I'd GREATLY appreciate your feedback! Thanks :)

1st one:ImageUploadedByTortForum1381796847.689807.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381796866.335769.jpg

2nd one:ImageUploadedByTortForum1381796887.557953.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381796910.333496.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Without knowing history, it is hard to guess locale. They can be so different even with the locale. For example, I have two type b's- one has a dark base and is sparsely marked and the other light and nearly covered in snowflake-like markings. My pine isle female and the male I used I have were vastly different as well.

Yours look good. They could definitely use some weight on them.

I have 4 adults, 1 juvenile, and 4-2013 babies I hatched. Leachianus geckos are my favorite rach.

Yamaha4x4_19

5 Year Member
St. Louis
Thanks a lot!! I haven't bought them yet. Im thinking about buying them from a guy tomorrow for a STEAL!! But I was leery because he doesnt know the locale. And i want to breed them so would it be dumb trying to breed them and selling the babies without knowing the locale? He said he bought them from Pangea two years ago.

But they are both female so if have to find males for them.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I would suggest you investigate the vendor closely. I say this because the leachie breeders I am familiar can give a quite complete history on their animals. I would ask for pictures of parents, the sizes, ect.