Lazy Big Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
Hey everyone! Question for you all. My big boy, (40lbs), is being super lazy. Now that the weather has turned, he is pretty much sleeping all day. He was in his house for two days then came out yesterday. He has his normal appetite, but is just being really lazy. Should I be concerned? My smaller guys are out and still active. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This is common when the days get shorter and temps drop. My big ones live outside 24/7 and sometimes they hardly come out of their box all day. My smaller, more indoor torts are oblivious since their lights are on timers and their room is heated year round.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Mine has started to do that as well, and to make sure he eats something I put a cactus pad or two in his house with him...

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Texastort said:
Ok great, this is reassuring, I thought he was sick! Of course as I was posting this he came out! I am used to him being out all day, eating and mating with rocks non stop. See video below. Have a wonderful tortoise day friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvaxqfq11hw&sns=em

That is a very funny, ur adorable daughter is just so confused lol pink thing coming out of tail

Texastort

10 Year Member!
BrinnANDGupta said:
Texastort said:
Ok great, this is reassuring, I thought he was sick! Of course as I was posting this he came out! I am used to him being out all day, eating and mating with rocks non stop. See video below. Have a wonderful tortoise day friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvaxqfq11hw&sns=em

That is a very funny, ur adorable daughter is just so confused lol pink thing coming out of tail

Yeah, we've had to have some interesting discussions since we adopted Dash.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Omg! Lmao @ "dad... What's he doing?". And she was PERSISTENT!! Man... Am I in trouble!

Texastort

10 Year Member!
JLSchmittou said:
Omg! Lmao @ "dad... What's he doing?". And she was PERSISTENT!! Man... Am I in trouble!

Yeah, so funny. I finally had to break down and explain "the pink tail"

Texastort

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
well im glad you explained the Pink thing.. she sounds like my bird.. Whatcha doing?
nice grazing yard..

Thanks! We love having our tortoises!

Status
Not open for further replies.