Late on getting thor in tinight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Modesto (Northern) California
Was an hour late on getting Thor in. I didn't make it home till 8pm when I usually bring him in at 7. Just before dark. I could have called home but I just don't trust anyone to bring him in except my 8 yr old. But he doesn't know how to prep his enclosure yet. But it's still 81 degrees here in Modesto calif and he was in his usual spot so all was fine. But it was a lesson learned that I need to teach my lil Nate how to prep his nighttime enclosure. I think we'll begin tomorrow. My husband calls me a control freak (lovingly, of course). I say I just like it done right the first time :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Haha, that's how I am... when we went on a week long vacation, we had a pet sitter for the dogs, birds, fish, gecko, and frogs....... and then a tortoise nanny. The tortoise nanny, of course, was much better paid :p I left her a pamphlet of instructions and called her every day, she didn't mind though. She is actually an aquaintance of mine that had never been over to my house until I asked her to babysit Carl, which she was pretty good at since she's had box turtles and sulcatas in the past.

I also left very strict instructions for the pet sitter that if I found out they even so much as touched Carl and/or his enclosure and/or his food... they would be dealt with :D

Call me paranoid, I don't mind... haha

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Cute story. I haven't even began to think of taking a trip and having someone look after my 2 baby sulcatas and one revees turtle. I don't think anyone will do for them what I do; so, I guess hubby and I will never leave our home:rolleyes:

jpmcclure said:
Us paranoid control freaks gotta stick together. Lol. Great story. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
NOBODY can do it as well as I can!!! It is sooooooo hard for me to leave town. I'm sure the tortoise babysitters get sick of me calling and checking every little detail.

I bring mine in whenever I get around to it. Sometimes its 5:30. Sometimes its midnight...

... as long as its warm out.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
I am so not alone. Nice to know. I feel a little guilty when I don't keep him on his routine. But sometimes "stuff" happens and I'm sure he's not too affected. Thanks for your stories. Keep em coming. :)

lizbeth490

5 Year Member
Pembroke Pines
I also have a pet sitter and a tort sitter. All my other pets get left home and cared for, my torts go to grandmas house and get to play with there other clutchmate that she has. She is the ONLY person I will trust with my torts and I've skipped vacations just so I don't have to leave them. Even if I have to go into work early, I call hubby over and over to make sure "he's doing it right" (cuz he never is!) I often ask for help feeding our over abundance of animals his response? "I can't do it as well as you so ill just sit here and hand you what you need" LOL works for me! So no, none of you are alone, we are all CRAZY!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Lol same here.. As I have quite often need to work long hour, I need to ask my maid to prepare food and do the daily care for my torts.

I think by now she already gets used to me every morning instructing her on which food to feed for today and reminding her to spray them a lot :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm a crazy tort Mom too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.