King Tut hasnt eaten in 2 days!!

AnimalLady

The title says it all! My RT (King Tut) hasnt eaten in 2 days!!

This isnt normal, this cant be normal, right?

When I got him, I started him on Romaine lettuce and he chomped it up right away, loved the stuff. Second day, same, all was good, 3rd day, all good. Wednesday and Thursday he hasnt eaten anything! Today will be day 3 if he doesnt eat. I'm going to the store later to get more of a variety for him... maybe he's not feeling the Romaine?

When i placed the Romaine down on his plate I picked him up and placed him by it (like I had been doing) and he acted as if it wasnt even food. Trampled all over it and continued on his merry little way.

He did poop on Wednesday, and it looked like healthy poop, well i think it is, compared to the healthy poop pix i googled.

I tried to offer cactus, no go, but I will keep trying. I also tried to offer Hibiscus flower, no go.. but I will continue trying on this too.

What could be wrong?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Torts need a certain temp to bask under to process food. Have you checked what yours are? Also romaine is fine but not very nutritious. You will need more variety in your diet to keep him healthy.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Check the caresheets for the correct diet. Romaine is ok in moderation.
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk will help you ID plants and give a guide as to what is safe or not.
Also check temps and make sure he is warm enough day and night and has daytime uvb. (As you probably already know - no coil or loop cfl type bulbs or red bulbs)
The Beginners Mistakes thread is also great to help you avoid making the same mistakes as others.
Hope he's back to his normal self soon.

AnimalLady

Torts need a certain temp to bask under to process food. Have you checked what yours are? Also romaine is fine but not very nutritious. You will need more variety in your diet to keep him healthy.

He's housed outdoors.. luckily he ate when I got home.

I bought sprong mix today. He really likes it