Kiddie Pool Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi it's Mitchell again and I had an idea. Could I use a Kiddie Pool (a plastic one) for a baby Leopard Tortoise habitat? I know, not permanent, but it would probably house is more years than the tub I'm planning to get one. I assume it can't be very expensive. And since the pool is made for water, I few sprays a day could keep the humidity it very well. Tell me what you think!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kiddie pools are used by quite a few. More for out door enclosure though. However, for indoors it would be a little hard to keep humidity and temps up. You will have to build a top that is raised from the height of the pool to hang lights, heat from. They need 80% humidity with temps no lower then 80 and basking of 95+. Check out Toms thread below in my post. The third one is on raising a smooth, healthy leopard.

TheWarTortoise

10 Year Member!
Pennsylvania
wellington said:
Kiddie pools are used by quite a few. More for out door enclosure though. However, for indoors it would be a little hard to keep humidity and temps up. You will have to build a top that is raised from the height of the pool to hang lights, heat from. They need 80% humidity with temps no lower then 80 and basking of 95+. Check out Toms thread below in my post. The third one is on raising a smooth, healthy leopard.

Thanks! And yes, I was planning on having something that would have the lights above.

Status
Not open for further replies.