Just Some Of My Sons Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Just wanted to show off some of my sons artwork. Nathan is 24 and has been doing art since he was very little. Can you tell I'm a proud mom?

This one I called the one eyed lady because it took him so long to finish her.

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

And here she is finished.

DSC01669.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

These are butterflies that he painted on his bedroom wall.

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

You can see here where he painted in the shadows.

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

He sprayed painted this one.

DSC00452.jpg

And this was my Mother's Day present. I loved it. Although again he said it wasn't finished.

DSC00941.jpg

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
He is a very talented youg man, thanks for sharing.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I so wish Terry that he would go to art school, but he's not ready yet he says although he will also tell you that art is his life. Hopefully in time he will that's what I'm hoping for at least because I feel that he is very talented.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My son, the one who did my yard, and boxie gardens, is also an artist. His work was exhibited in Snug Harbor Botanical Gardens here where we live, and also in his school. He used to tell me the same thing....his art was his life...but he married young, and started a business. Their business (he and his brother, my other son) is doing extremely well, but he always wished he pursued his art. He does incorporate his art in his granite work, so it's not lost. Your son is still young, and I think as he gets older, he probably will appreciate his talent more.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
just amazing! .........

Gotta Dig " pure talent " ! :D

JD~:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Candy...he does GREAT work...being as you're in Alhambra, you had to have explored this avenue...

http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/index.jsp

My family and teachers pushed me to go...I was even offered a scholarship, but after a 2-month apprenticeship at Disney during my Jr year in high school, I knew I didn't want to pursue art as a career...only as a hobby! Here's to your son and his tremendous talent!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
OMG Candy! Your son has a lot of talent, he is very good artist and he is very handsome!! I just love the painting he gave you as a mother's day present and those butterflies wow!!! They look very real!
You must be one proud mother :)!
Thanks for sharing with us!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you guys.

Terry I do see that your son is still an artist from the work that you've shown on here that he did in your yard. Pure art.

Dean he does know about the art schools, but he went down a different path when he was younger and now just finding his way back. Thank goodness. Artists have their own ways about them that's for sure. We've always encouraged him and I guess it will take some more time for him to get there. You interned at Disney? I always wanted Nathan to do that, but he just couldn't see himself there either. He now works at an art store across from the San Gabriel Mission in Alhambra and has a great boss that's teaching him even more stuff. We went to an art exhibit a couple weeks back and Nathan was helping out as a volunteer so he is doing more and more. I actually think at the next one he's going to be entering some of his art work so I'm happy about that. :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I was down at the Norton Simon Museum (in Pasadena) this past weekend with my son...talk about breathtaking! Been there 7 times and it NEVER ceases to amaze (or inspire). I had to touch the Raphael (Madonna with Son and Book). This is the GREATEST original I've ever laid eyes on. It's been there for at least the last five years...

9amrdt.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is beautiful Dean. I'm going to show it to Nathan although like you I'm sure he's already seen it (maybe not in person though) so I might have to take a trip.;)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Excellent work. Your son has undeniable talent. I would bet that there are others attached to this forum who also have some artistic talent.
This is a work done by the artist Phil Fung...

DSC06649.jpg

The print was a gift to me from Allegra Fung, the artist's sister. Here is a closer view...

DSC06650.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Very interesting Carl. I was wondering what the significance is of the cities on the tortoise? Does it have to do with the countries that they originate from? Is this the same Allegra that's on this forum? :)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I don't know exactly what the artist had in mind and most likely, it is just an idea put to canvas.
Yep, that Allegra's brother. I think Phil Fung has a website where you can see a lot of his other works.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes he does have his own website. I just looked it up. Your painting is called "Turtle City". I will be showing this website to Nathan. It's amazing how interesting a thread becomes when people share. Here's his website just in case anyone is interested. I'm still interested his meaning behind that painting though. :D You must be so proud of your brother Allegra. :)

https://www.philfung.com/subs.php?catid=1

Status
Not open for further replies.