2Paisan & Sons +Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Paisan

5 Year Member
Hi,

Boy could I have used you all last week! My lovely Italian American former Herpe rescue, turtle, chameleon, & other reptile lover, husband adopted a female Russian tort named Frank. She was mis-sexed by previous owner so we just call her Frankie. She came to live with us end of last summer. She is has been in good health. We did hibernate her this winter and she did seemingly well. She came out 3 weeks ago. Ate. Husband left right after for 2 week trip to China and next thing I know she had an upper respiratory infection. All I could think was please don't let her die with our two little boys watching and hubby not here to help!!!!! We are still going over everything but I think we came down to we should have left her heater on at night in her vivarium - or perhaps his departure after hibernation stressed her....

Anyways I found myself with Frankie in vivarium, baytril injections, not eating, tube feeding, hydrating, etc, etc, etc until hubby made it home. Of course the good news is she seems to be making complete recovery. Showed off for him as soon as he returned this Saturday by eating like a horse, drinking and looking downright bright eyed. We are continuuing treatment but I think she will be okay.

Anyways, I may be back here for support. And certainly will be here to post pictures of Frank. She is one beloved tort. Hubby will post to as he is the pro. Thank goodness he is home....

Signed,
The reluctant tort mom-
we have 1 russian, 1 kitty, lots of fish, and two adorable little boys who love all of them.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm glad Frankie is doing better. :D

Danny

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What a great introduction! A real thriller. Too bad your hubby missed all the stress and sleepless nights. I vote he owes you a nice dinner out. :p

Welcome to the forum. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Welcome to the forum! I have a Russian too- love the little guys :)
I'm glad Frankie (Francesca? ;)) is doing better.
Can't wait to see pics!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome. Something always "happens" to one of our animals whenever I'm away too. My poor wife is in the same boat as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.