Just lost Sami :""( Can some1 pls call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I just had a freak accident with Sami. I can't get a hold of anyone. I'm so confused and heartbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Rest in peace, Sami. I'm so utterly heartbroken. I pray you're with Jesus. Momma loved you so much. [LOUDLY CRYING FACE][LOUDLY CRYING FACE][BROKEN HEART]ImageUploadedByTortForum1371598719.598079.jpg

You can delete this if you want. I talked with two people. Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What happened? So sorry he's gone. I thought you lost him, like he wondered off. So sorry it was worse then that:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What happened, Lizzi? I'm so sorry that you've lost Sami. Please let us know what happened.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I know its hard to talk about, but we have all made mistake and if that is what happened, others can learn....

so sorry...

clucey

5 Year Member
So sorry for your loss. We here in Hawaii send ohr prayera and aloha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
I cant bare the thoughts of losing mine... im sorry you had to go through that... his in a better place now and im sure you did your best to take care of him and he appreciates that!

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
She's been completely fine for months. Her temps have been great, she was enjoying her new enclosure. Eating great,'drinking and soaks. Just did the BMI check and she was in good range. I've decided there are two possibilities that could have happened.
Either I put too much spaghnam peat moss in her enclosure (with cypress mulch) and she choked on that or it had to do with when I was in New Mexico and had my parents watch her in early May. They had taken her outside to have room to roam rather than follow my instructions. When I got home, she had bubbles in her nose. I i immediately had given her a warm bath and put her bank inside under her temps. I asked on this forum if this would be enough or if I should take her to a vet. Everyone said she should be ok and not to take her unless problems would persist.

Well she had been fine since early Mau. But this morning I saw bubbles coming out of her MOUTH. I immediately put her in a warm soak and then the bubbles stopped. I put her back outside and went to check on her twice. She was fine. I then took a 3 hr nap and when I went to check on her afterwards before leaving for an errand she was gone. I'm so utterly heartbroken. I went out to her grave just now and bawled my eyes out. I can't seem to stop crying. I tried so very hard to take care of her. I loved her so much.

WinterRose

5 Year Member
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm so so sorry, dear. I cried myself sick when Samson died. My heart is breaking for you. I believe you WILL see Sami again. He is happy and safe... waiting until he sees you again.

Makanowe

5 Year Member
SE Minnesota
I am so sorry for your loss. This made me cry. Losing a pet-friend is the worst. I picture Rainbow Bridge and all my "babies" there happy and healthy doing exactly what they want to do and in exactly the place they want to be. It helps me to think about it that way and know I will see them all again. Thinking of you and your Sami.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am so, so sorry! What a terrible shock. Don't be too hard on yourself, you were a great parent and gave him a good life while he was here.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm so sorry for your loss. Is sounds like you did everything you could though. Sometimes it's just out of our control. It's never easy losing a pet :( Hang in there.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I suspect over heating or poisoning due to the mouth bubbles. Was it like a foam? Did Sami have lots of shade as our weather was getting warmer and warmer? Did anyone spray any weed killer or put out any snail bait? Did the dog get springtime heartworm medication and then possibly leave some poop in Sami's enclosure outside? Or a cat? Possibly a neighbor's cat?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always find some comfort in knowing what went wrong, so that I can prevent it in the future, or help others prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.