Just another tortoise lover here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonland

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I just posted on your forum about my sick baby Desert so please check it out and help if you can...

I am a Military wife with 5 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, plus two torts. My family thinks I'm crazy for loving my torts instead of the furry animals.. I just can't help falling in love with these beautiful dinosaurs. After spending 4 years at a military base in Yuma, AZ. I just had to have a tortoise. Desert animals are so much more interesting to me. I started with a russian I received as a gift from my son and he is a great big baby in our house. He is SPOILED rotten. Before leaving Arizona a dear friend gave me one of her desert hatchlings and again I fell in love. We now live in Fort Bragg, NC and my babies are still doing well. Well, my little DT is ill but with care and your help, it will be fine... I PRAY !!!
Thank You in advance for all the help and knowledge I am about to get !!!!

Motara's Mom

5 Year Member
Hi welcome. I am also a miltary wife and we were stationed in Sierra Vista, AZ (Fort Huachuca), and now we are in Virginia (he is working for the Pentagon). So you moved with them? I haven't moved with mine yet (I have moved animals just not my Sulcata) and was wondering if you had any tips when the next move comes.

sharonland

5 Year Member
Hello,
Moving with my two torts was a challenge... We actually drove across country in two Penske trucks.. Husband in one truck with dog and I in another with cat and both torts. Started out with both torts in two different shoe boxes but my russian escaped and enjoyed a few hundred miles on the passenger floor board.. Ended up getting a little kitty crate and putting him in there... We took them both in the hotels each night and they did great.... Good Luck with your move..

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will find the answers to all your questions here :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Welcome! I may be wrong about this - but I think it's illegal to take DTs across state lines (I know this is true in California.) DT's tend not to do well in other environments outside their own. What is wrong with your little one?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Sorry you came to us because your having troubles, but am very glad your here!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.