New Tortoise lover!

What is a better choice of tortoise?

• Greek Tortoise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benny Brickner

Hello! My name is Benny or you can call me Benji! I sadly do not have a tortoise of my own but I am planning to buy one! I will be trying to get either a Hermann Tortoise or a Greek (Golden) Tortoise. I know my mom will not let me buy one online and there are no reptile store where I live ( I live in Winston Salem, NC and is you know any reptile store near by or at least a hour or two away TELL ME!) so I plan to go to a convention called ReptiCon, which takes place both in Winston Salem and Charlotte, NC. Now this is were I need help. I do not know if these convention do well with high stocks of Tortoises because I have seen videos and they seem to have mostly snakes, so can someone please confirm that there will be Tortoises. Also, I am wondering what is the normal pricing at this ReptiCon for Hermann and Greek Tortoises? Last but not least, I really need help on what to do when I on vacations, what would I do with my tortoises if I will be gone for week? Thank you to everyone who helped with answering any of my questions!

Now you ask what is the reason that you want a Tortoise? When I see see Tortoise they just make my day! I am over joyed when I see their faces! I love how they're curious things that like to explore, they remind me of myself! When I go to ReptiCon I am going to buy two if they are only $80-$90 but I am only going to buy one if they go into the $150 range. They should be no higher than that. I have been studying about them for the last 3 months so I think I have a pretty good understanding on how to raise them! When I grow up I might make a huge reptile sanctuary for them!!! Thank you for reading!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Be sure to do your research on here. A lot of information out there in the Internet world is wrong or outdated. Unfortunately, I can't help you with their care or pricing, but someone here will be able too. Good luck. Oh, and either get one tortoise or three or more, they don't usually do good in pairs.

Benny Brickner

Oh, and either get one tortoise or three or more, they don't usually do good in pairs.
Oh thank you! I did not know that about Tortoises! I might only get one then because three might too big of a enclosure for me to handle! Also, I will ask questions here for now on! I trust what people have to say on this website! ;D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Benny!

One thing to think about - when you go away to college, your tortoise is going to be in the care of your parents. Are they on board with you getting a life-long pet?

Benny Brickner

Welcome to the Forum, Benny!

One thing to think about - when you go away to college, your tortoise is going to be in the care of your parents. Are they on board with you getting a life-long pet?
Don't worry, my mom and dad are only allowing me to go to colleges in North Carolina so I will be probably be staying at home at nights! But, if anything is a problem with me not feeding it, my dad is very excited with the idea of a tortoise in the home. ;D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome.