Just a Mazuri Question...?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So, I like, Poked the stuff with my finger after soaking it for a few minutes. But the pellets were still pretty hard. Is that why Artemis ignores the stuff?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So, I like, Poked the stuff with my finger after soaking it for a few minutes. But the pellets were still pretty hard. Is that why Artemis ignores the stuff?
LS? Some of them just don't like it much and it has to be introduced in small amounts for a while. They tend to like the regular 5m21 type best.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sapphire only tolerates the small tortoise diet LS. But he's a Russian. The type I bought is such tiny little bits. I can soak a half teaspoon with about a teaspoon of warm water. That doesn't seem to take very long to soften enough, then mix it a bit with his salad and he'll eat anyway. I'll have to check if it gets soft.🤗 It's the first type I've been able to get him to tolerate and believe me I've tried them all.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I mixed the flower stuff up with it. Made the stuff alot more colorful to say the least .

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
soak in hot water. drain before feeding works for me cools down fast
I like the broth and pore and mix it with the salad but I only double the water. It's not a lot of broth by the time it soaks up.🤗