Stubborn boxie

M

Maggie Cummings

Personally, I'm really proud of you!!! I talk a good game, but I cave a lot and you didn't cave. Great job!

crissyshine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Durham, NC
*UPDATE*
So my tort is now a lover of all things fruit and veggie. I guess he realized that he wasn't going to get what he wanted out me and decided to be a good little boy and eat the good food. It took about 2 months! He would pick at the food enough to not starve, and if I was watching him, there was no way he was eating. But I fought him as much as he fought me! And I won!

I usually make/ blend a thick mash of spring mix (spinach, kale, romaine, chard, etc.), strawberries, blueberries, some banana, pear if I have some, and stick it in the fridge. I make a new batch every week.
I buy some earth worms or meal worms and chop them up and stick those in after I put a spoonful of the mash in his dish.
He usually dives head first into the food, and goes back to it numerous times during the day.
I only feed him every other day in the a.m. (Should I feed him every day o_O?), either after his morning soak or if he decides he wants to eat first and soak later.

He has become even more active, soaks more often, and is more docile (I used to have trouble with him trying to bite me when I would put food in or clean out his water dish).
I am getting him a bigger enclosure for indoor (a 50 gallon Rubbermaid storage container, he is in a 40 gallon now.), and I have plans to build him an outdoor enclosed on my deck soon!

Thanks for all the advice!