Juno's new enclosure!

kirby2591

5 Year Member
Sorry it has been a while since the last update. Been a little hectic trying to finish the project and getting ready to move.

Here it is painted with the bottom doors on
View attachment 54162
The exterior is painted with black interior semi-gloss latex paint, the interior of the top section is painted with a biege exterior paint and the inside of the middle section is sprayed with a truck bed liner for weather proofing.

Top doors mounted with the screens in.
View attachment 54163
I know screen should be glass to make it closed chamber. To defend myself I will say its for a greek so humidity does not need to be so high and I designed it in such a way I can easily swap the screening into glass in the future.

Here's the final assembly with all the hardware and the trim to cover the seams between sections
1377920698126.jpg

Moving tomarrow! Will try to get up pics once I've decorated the interior and got Juno running around.

1377921195626.jpg

1377921229349.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby2591

5 Year Member
Juno in her new enclosure!!!
1377980889929.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby2591

5 Year Member
UPDATE: Its been about 6 months. So far everything as been great. I think every enclosure of mine in the future will be getting lined with truck bed liner.
The screens had to be replaced with Lexan once the cats knocked them out about 3 weeks in. That caused a heat/humidity problem. To remedy that I cut 2 holes in the top and put in floor registers so I could control the flow. I also hooked up some computer fans to the vents to increase flow.
Next to come is a little green house so I can grow plants. No chance of growing them in the enclosure due to the tort eating them. On top the cats eat the plants, and its snowing outside.
More then likley updates to come.