New enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
This is their new home, for now. I know they will grow out of it soon so I'm on a hunt for a large bookcase. But it's okay though because I'm preparing to get a smaller breed of tortoise too in a few months so I can just use it for that.

It's coco fiber substrate and if you look closely you can see the beginnings of grass growing. Hopefully it will be fully grown in a few weeks. One of the lights is MVb and one is just a regular light to brighten up the enclosure because I only have the mvb on for a few hours a day.

Attachments

• image-3690562614.png
    image-3690562614.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1541339611.png
    image-1541339611.png
    876.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2878319262.png
    image-2878319262.png
    977.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3727767494.png
    image-3727767494.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 89

spikeD

5 Year Member
tortle said:
This is their new home, for now. I know they will grow out of it soon so I'm on a hunt for a large bookcase. But it's okay though because I'm preparing to get a smaller breed of tortoise too in a few months so I can just use it for that.

It's coco fiber substrate and if you look closely you can see the beginnings of grass growing. Hopefully it will be fully grown in a few weeks. One of the lights is MVb and one is just a regular light to brighten up the enclosure because I only have the mvb on for a few hours a day.

Looks good. I just picked up a big i think concrete mixing bin from home depo for $15 my red foot loves it. more room for him. So when you need to go a bit bigger i recommend one. Will post a pic for ya. It is still being sorted out. I just got him days ago and he was mistreated badly But he is good now. And yes I just cleaned his water bowl and he decided to take a swim.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.JPG
    IMG_1428.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 75

pdelpizzo

10 Year Member!
Broward County
spikeD said:
Looks good. I just picked up a big i think concrete mixing bin from home depo for $15 my red foot loves it. more room for him. So when you need to go a bit bigger i recommend one. Will post a pic for ya. It is still being sorted out. I just got him days ago and he was mistreated badly But he is good now. And yes I just cleaned his water bowl and he decided to take a swim.

What size is that bin?

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
spikeD said:
tortle said:

Thanks. I'm already using a 40-gallon or so tank, so when I need to upgrade I think I'll need to go with a bookcase.
Glad you rescued him.

spikeD

5 Year Member
pdelpizzo said:
spikeD said:

What size is that bin?

Like a 2ft by 3ft by 10 inches high

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
spikeD said:

How do you have your lighting suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.