Jet update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijla

5 Year Member
Just wanting to share that the little red foot continues to get stronger and recover from the dog bite - it has been nine weeks now. He has an appetite like a champ and in the weeks ahead (warmer temps) I hope he enjoys his outdoor setup... I've been getting TONS of ideas from the enclosure threads plus from the great sites and links members have posted. Just want to say many thanks to all the helpful tips and insight I have learned from this forum the last 2 months.

Laijla

Attachments

• 2h2nxxu.jpg
    2h2nxxu.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 41

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Hi Laijla....Glad to hear your little guy is OK now. Post some pictures of your outdoor set up.

Laijla

5 Year Member
TerryO - will do, regarding posting pictures of the outdoor enclosure! I have decided to go with an outdoor enclosure similar to the 'Summer Box for Juvenile Box Turtles Outdoors' on TurtleTails.com for Jet's first year or two. I plan to make it a bit bigger than what they did (and he mentioned if he were to do anything different, it would be bigger dimensions :D) I've already collected various plants from friends gardens so I know they will not have had any recent chemicals sprayed on them. Also, I plan to finish up the viv over the next two weekends. I'm setting up the 55 gallon more as a test run for the larger tank I will get in the fall from my sister. And YES, I'll share many pics! :) You've been so gracious sharing pics of Pio's enclosures and it's helped tons with ideas 4 me!
Kimber and Jrcrist4 --- thanks for the encouraging words and I am determined to learn what its going to take to give Jet a great environment for the long haul but I must say, it's going to take a LONG time to get over the guilt of having let the dog get hold of him in the first place! Just feel very fortunate the injuries have healed so well and that my dog much preferred the cuttlefish bone to the tortoise - PHEW!!!!
many thanks,
Laijla

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Can't wait to see your pictures Laijla. TurtleTails.com is one of my favorite sites, and I've copied most of my viv's for my boxies from him. I'm starting a turtle garden now like he has too.

Status
Not open for further replies.